How do I get a job with Odesk?
- Post a profile and fill in your past work history and skills.
- Take a few online skill test to verify your skill.
- Upload any relevant examples to your portfolio.
- Do your best to make sure that when an employer sees your application, he will be impressed.
- Then start applying for jobs! Try out small jobs first to accrue feedback and then go after the bigger fish. oDesk’s forum, blog and newsletters often have more tips for landing your first jobs.
The hardest part of it is always at your first job. It will take a long time before you can make a perfectly impressive profile and acquire your first job. In order to increase your job application quota, you need to take a free online skills test and write detailed custom cover letters, and you should be able to get a job within a few weeks.